Remember to click G+1 if you like a post... It will make me happy :-)

24 September 2011

Yarn Bomb Attack - Devonport, NZ (Sep 2011)

Today I've been introduced to the phenomenon that is Yarn Bombing. It's a craze that's sweeping the world! And as usual,  I'm the last person to find out...
Yarn Bomb - Squid
"Yarn bombing, yarnbombing, yarnstorming, guerrilla knitting, or graffiti knitting is a type of graffiti or street art that employs colourful displays of knitted or crocheted cloth rather than paint or chalk."

Below are some photos from a recent attack at the Devonport Ferry Terminal in Auckland. The photos were kindly supplied by Tinkerbell, my NZ reporter.

Those of a weak disposition better look away now...

Yarn Bomb - Dan Carter

Yarn Bomb - Knit

Yarn Bomb - Knit

Yarn Bomb - Birds

Update 25-Sep-11: I managed to track down the ringleader. Check out the Knitty Graffity blog for more details. Very sad to see that Dan's been pinched. Wonder where he's ended up?

Where in NZ is Dan Carter?

I hope I'm starting a craze of my own here...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment Dan. Yes, it is all very cool stuff! I've been waiting for the craze to hit the north of England, but it hasn't yet! Are you a guerilla knitter or just an admirer?

    ReplyDelete